Geri and Jason

Tuesday, May 22

This beautiful couple right here is Geri and Jason. {Geri is the talented one who did this pretty maternity shoot for us!} They're our good friends from the college days and we miss them a bunch. In fact, there's nothing I'd like more than to give them both a big squeeze right now. Jason has Cystic Fibrosis. And it's pretty severe. His lungs have deteriorated to the point that he is in need of a double lung transplant as soon as possible. Staggeringly, between the pre-op and post-op expenses, this can cost over 1 million dollars. Just makes my heart drop.
They've set up a website called Team Jason, where you can go to learn more about Jason, Cystic Fibrosis, and donate if you wish. If anything, keep them in your prayers. They're pretty incredible.

57 Response to Geri and Jason

May 22, 2012 9:19 PM

Thank you for this information on donating!! I will AND will def keep em in our prayers!! Ill put their names on the Temple Prayer roll too!! xoxoxoxo, My

May 22, 2012 9:19 PM

My Best Friend from childhood has Cystic Fibrosis too. 3 years ago she had a double lung transplant and today she is AMAZING! She couldn't even climb a flight of stairs, and now she is running 5Ks! I am pulling for Jason and am happy to donate what I can for him to become AMAZING too!

May 22, 2012 9:27 PM

I don't know why I felt so called upon to donate, but it was a pull like gravity. I dont know this man or his precious wife. But I know love. And I know prayer. And this deserves both. <3

May 22, 2012 9:29 PM

i love geri! she is so sweet.

i hope jason gets better and gets a transplant. you're in our prayers G!

xo

May 22, 2012 9:30 PM

What a sweet post! Sending prayers their way. Hoping for the best. Thank goodness we have our deepest love during our hardest trials. xo

MB
May 22, 2012 9:35 PM

Aw my heart goes out to them. Both my sisters have CF. God Bless them!

May 22, 2012 9:44 PM

Sydney! You are the sweetest. Thank you so much for the support. We just love you guys (baby E especially).

May 22, 2012 9:52 PM

absolutly adore geri! she mentored me in photography last summer and i thought she was a doll!! you are so sweet for posting this, sid!

May 22, 2012 10:08 PM

O this just breaks my heart. My husband just got done with Chemotherapy treatments and we know all about doctor bills. Thanks for sharing I would love to help them!

May 22, 2012 10:18 PM

I am unable to donate, but they are in my thoughts and prayers. Hy heart goes out to them and I wish them the world.

May 22, 2012 10:29 PM

Oh my heart is breaking...One of my close friends from high school recently passed away from CF and I give to the CF Foundation when I can. My prayers are with this sweet family.

May 22, 2012 10:37 PM

I love them too! It looks like we have a lot of friends in common! How do we not know each other?! I pray that Jason will get the help he needs and that they can get a baby too!

May 22, 2012 10:41 PM

I love Geri's blog and I feel so much love and compassion for them. Thank you for sharing this! We will be keeping them in our prayers and doing all that we can!

May 22, 2012 10:42 PM

Please tell your friends to take a look at this Facebook page.... http://www.facebook.com/sharliesangels

Sharlie has cystic fibrosis as well. She is now in her 30s and has a young son! And just recently, she had a double lung and heart transplant. She's doing great and has beat the odds, starting with taking care of her cells via nutritional supplements. There is always hope.

Best wishes to Geri and Jason.

May 22, 2012 11:17 PM

I love Geri! She did my wedding photography and she is great. They are definitely both in my prayers right now.

May 23, 2012 12:23 AM

When I was younger, one of the first experiences with death that many of my friends and I had was when our friend's older sister (11 at the time) died from Cystic Fibrosis. I'll never forget the pain that grips my friend to this day. I'm going to take a look at my finances and see what I can do. It may not be much, but I'd like to help in any way I can.

May 23, 2012 2:46 AM

I just donated $30, I hope you can get all of the money together :) xx

May 23, 2012 2:53 AM

Thank you for posting... for helping me to put things in perspective.. I've had some extremely emotional things happen to me but I am blessed to have my health. I will pray for Geri and Jason, they look like such a lovely couple. I have decided not to post right now as I don't want my blog to be a totally sad and depressing when I know there are so many people out there that have 'real' problems. This was what I needed to hear.

May 23, 2012 6:03 AM

Keeping them in my thoughts, xo.

May 23, 2012 7:21 AM

There is hope. My great friend from college was on her last leg with Cystic Fibrosis when she got moved up on the transplant list, and was able to get a double lung transplant within a few short months of being on the list. Now she is happy, healthy and living a normal life. My thoughts and prayers are with Geri and Jason.

Bri
May 23, 2012 7:48 AM

my best wishes for this couple

May 23, 2012 8:08 AM

Two of my sorority sisters from college have cystic fibrosis and last year they were both given a lung transplant. They recovered completely and are still doing great. God truly works in miraculous ways, and I can only pray that he does the same for Jason! Sending prayers their way!

May 23, 2012 8:18 AM

This certainly brought tears to my eyes. I will head over to the website, and I will definitely be keeping them in my prayers!

xoxo, me

May 23, 2012 8:18 AM

I am completely 100% a stranger, but yet this story had me in tears. Many Prayers to Geri and Jason!!! I donated!

May 23, 2012 8:43 AM

As a mommy to a 4year old with cystic fibrosis, I just want to thank you for raising awareness. I can see that your friend has that special light that I see in a lot of cf patients. They know they have serious stuff going on and yet they live life with such Happiness, optimism and fervor! It's a beautiful thing, I wish Jason well and thank you for your beautiful blog and for helping your friends fight for life.

May 23, 2012 8:51 AM

Makes me heart hurt. I'll definitely donate and keep them in our families prayers! God works miracles and I think we all know that!

May 23, 2012 8:56 AM

Wishing him and his family nothing but the best!

xo, Yi-chia

May 23, 2012 9:07 AM

Wow, what an inspirational couple. Geri is very talented, and Jason is a fighter. I'll check out the site immediately. They're in my prayers.

molly

May 23, 2012 9:09 AM

I love their blog + how sweet they both are. I will make a donation :) I can't imagine. ♥

May 23, 2012 9:18 AM

already prayed and will continue to!

May 23, 2012 9:27 AM

I had a friend who was 18 and passed away from this horrible illness.

I'll be passing the word on!

xx

May 23, 2012 9:27 AM

I had a friend who was 18 and passed away from this horrible illness.

I'll be passing the word on!

xx

ECB
May 23, 2012 9:31 AM

Sydney- This post hit close to home as my brother has CF. He is 21 years old and getting into adulthood (which can be scary for the life of a person with CF) If you don't mind, I'll be linking this post to my blog and Facebook today in order to secure donations. Thoughts and prayers are with Geri and Jason! Thanks for sharing, xo

May 23, 2012 9:35 AM

WOW. what an amazing thing that you just posted this.

an old, old friend of mine has been struggling with CF. he's 31. over the weekend he was given 72-78 hours to live, with no transplant in sight. he was literally drawing his last breaths. we had resigned ourselves to the fact that we were losing our friend... and fast.

last night, at 5PM, they found a donor match. at 7PM, he was wheeled into surgery. there were many complications, and the doctors almost cancelled the transplant because he was so close to death they weren't sure if he'd make it with all the anesthesia required. more complications popped up with having to go to bypass more quickly than expected...

early this morning we received word that he successfully made it through the surgery, and is in ICU. we are all rejoicing with him and his family. I will pray (and often!) that the same will happen for your friend. God is ABLE to supply!

May 23, 2012 9:41 AM

Sydney, thank you so much for sharing their story! I'm 27 and was diagnosed with CF when I was 16 years old. It's a disease that doesn't have a cure now, but with help from people like you and your readers we can get there. So again, thank you for raising awareness about CF. I'll be donating to Geri & Jason and will keep them in my thoughts.

May 23, 2012 10:11 AM

I wanted to share this website of a wonderful girl who is trying to raise awareness for CF. http://emilysentourage.org/

May 23, 2012 10:39 AM

You realize how blessed you are when you look into the lives of others sometimes and see what trials they have to endure....prayers and donations their way and hope they meet their goal!

May 23, 2012 10:53 AM

Thanks for posting about these guys, we love them too!

May 23, 2012 11:09 AM

Donating first thing tomorrow! Praying for this sweet couple!

May 23, 2012 12:08 PM

Thank you for posting. We lost our daughter shortly after birth due to severe CF and a bowel obstruction. So many people and strangers helped us that we love finding ways to pay it forward. Again, thank you for sharing a bit of their story.

May 23, 2012 2:03 PM

I"m a Geri and Jason fan too! They truly are amazing people! I had the pleasure of living by them for a short time and had Geri take our pictures too (she's got mad skills)! They are just so stinkin cute! And their love is real and so very sweet! It's so awsome that you are sharing their story! Hope that Jason can get well soon!

May 23, 2012 7:40 PM

my heart hurts for geri and jason. i will add him to my prayers!

Ash
May 23, 2012 8:21 PM

Praying for them~

May 23, 2012 10:20 PM

of course keeping these loving people in my prayers!!

May 23, 2012 10:53 PM

Wow. This was incredibly touching. I donated and sending love and prayers to what seems like a fantastic and bright life ahead of him.

xo
Vanessa
www.rasbarri.com

May 23, 2012 11:05 PM

I, like someone said above, felt compelled to donate. You two just seem so lovely, and Jason seems like a fighter with a winning spirit.

I can't wait to see the positive outcome.

Best to you both.
Jen

May 24, 2012 12:49 AM

Thank you so much for posting this, the support has exploded since you spread the word! Whenever you come up in conversation, it's very apparent that Geri just adores you :)

May 24, 2012 9:26 AM

It is absolutely insane that the U.S. doesn't have universal health care, so that this couple wouldn't have to go completely broke just to stay alive. It's just insane. They are in my prayers.

May 24, 2012 3:00 PM

Absolutely inspiring. Following her blog now. Prayers, thoughts, and love being sent her way.

May 24, 2012 8:15 PM

Sydney- I work for an advertising agency that has recently begun supporting the CFF foundation. We have committed our 2012 intern class to a digital media fundraising campaign that will hopefully educate and in turn raise money for CF. Our interns want to get the opinions of influential bloggers for feedback on their ideas and I would LOVE to have you on board. Please contact me if you are interested.

sabrina.nooruddin@gmail.com
Snooruddin@studiocom.com

May 24, 2012 9:30 PM

I work at a University Hospitals Case Medical Center Transplant Institute in Cleveland, OH and I see first hand the trials and tribulations our patients go though. Thank you for posting this story!. It will not only raise awareness for your friend, but for organ donation as well. We cannot do what we do with out organ donors. Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers.

DONATE LIFE

May 25, 2012 9:47 AM

My husband knew Jason on his mission, and I love reading Geri's blog. What an amazing couple! I didn't know about a place to donate, so thanks so much for sharing it!

May 26, 2012 7:45 AM

Sydney, you are all so blesses to have each other as friends. I have just donated and I will pray for Jason and Geri, and their well-being.

Teodora

May 29, 2012 10:25 PM

my husband and Jason were good ol' dorm buddies his freshman year :) he said Jason was his arch nemesis at ping pong. lol And that he is a stellar guy! Prayers for him and his beautiful wife. I shared the link to Team Jason on Facebook last week...the movie on it's home page is so touching!

May 31, 2012 8:34 PM

They're so lucky to have someone like you, thank you for letting us all know, I will check the website.

June 27, 2012 2:22 PM

oh my gosh, jason and I were friends before our missions and then were in the MTC together. I had no idea he was so sick! Thanks for this post-I'll for sure keep him in my prayers.

July 07, 2012 12:59 PM

It's wonderful when people donate to causes like this, but it's also heartbreaking to me that we even need websites, kickstarters, bake sales, auctions, etc. to cover *medical expenses*. That, to me, is appalling. This is life and death, and it depends on the goodwill and donations of strangers.

We are seriously broken in terms of healthcare :(

the daybook All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger