Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

Thursday, August 11

Shoes: F21, Dress: c/o Threadcase, Belt: Thrifted, Cardi: JCrew, Hat: Target, Glasses: Cassettes, Bracelet: c/o Pree Brulee
Awkward:
- Husband walking into the bathroom during yet another pee sesh. He says to me: "All I ever do is see you on the toilet these days" and shuts the door. He thinks I'm sexy.
- Going over to a new friend's house for dinner, completely missing their apartment door and walking into their neighbor's house instead. "Hi! We're here!" Until I hear Tys from outside: "Um.... Syd?"
Right.
Hey ... well THAT looks like a good dinner guys. I was just here to see if you have a paper bag I could borrow to put over my head for a sec?
- The guy ahead of us in the check-out line at Walmart the other day. You know the ones ... who think they're being sneaky. Oh yeaaaa ... I'm just checking out the covers of those magazines behind you ... for the 20th time. Do dee do dee do.
Yes. There's a baby in there. No. I am not 16. No. You cannot keep looking at it. Yes. I will punch you in the face.
- Walking into an absolutely silent bathroom, and then having one of those unconscious moments where you say what you're thinking outloud because you think you're alone ... and then hearing the toilet paper rustle coming from the next stall over. So then you proceed to silently bang your head against the wall and duel it out for who leaves the stall first so you don't have to make eye contact.
I'm coming to terms with the fact that public restrooms will pretty much always be traumatic experiences for me.
- The woman on the metro the other day who came up to me, rubbed my belly and said "Oh mah goodness ... that is definitely a girl in there." I tell her that no, actually it's a boy. She shakes her head and says "ohh ... well then there must be two of em then".
OK so I'm huge now. Don't touch my belly.
- Not being able to sleep one night, so we sit up in bed at 3 in the morning and decide to watch a birth video on my phone to pass the time. Or I did. Husband hid everything under the covers except for one solitary eye-ball and had ohmygosh ohmygosh on repeat for the remaining 4 minutes of the vid.
I think it's time for a Lamaze class.
- And let's just throw this one out there ... just for fun. Pregnancy causes constipation yo. So now every time I'm successful in that department, I come out and am met with a kiss on the forehead and an enthusiastic "Good Job Honey!" from husband. Now if only I had a potty chart to put a giant gold star on.

Awesome:
- Mah tots. {You knew it was coming}
- Playing the "Smokin' Hoops" basketball arcade game with husband on date night. And pretty much whooping his trash. I don't think he's ever been so happy to have his nonathletic wife beat him at something. I told him it was the extra testosterone, and he gave baby high fives.
- Complaining to the movie theater manager that our movie quality was not quite up to par ... and getting free movie tickets out of it. Lesson learned? Complainers win guys.
- The awesome pair of antlers that our new neighbors totally wasted on their landscaping. Sometimes I feel like knocking on their door "Hi. I'm Sydney ... the new one from next door. Listen, I'm just going to take these K? They'll look better in my house." What's the worst that could happen right?
- OK. Belly massages? Blowing my mind right now.
- The two huge white canvases I picked up on my adventuring yesterday. So excited to break out my oils! It's really too bad we don't have a wrap around porch and endless fields of no neighbors. You betcha buttons I'd be Rachel McAdamsing all over that.

132 Response to Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

August 11, 2011 10:06 AM

You crack me up! I feel like we would be bff's if I knew you in real life. :) Cutest preggo lady ever, too!! Thanks for the great read!

August 11, 2011 10:09 AM

I love that dress, the color is amazing. By the way you are the cutest prego ever!!!

August 11, 2011 10:09 AM

i have to agree with pretty much everything lisa just said. too cute!

August 11, 2011 10:09 AM

hilarious awesome/awkwards as always - and totally LOVE this outfit!

August 11, 2011 10:11 AM

just recently came across your blog -- loving it :)

when i was pg, i used to come out of the bathroom doing the victory dance with my husband, singing "i pooped!!!"....happens to all of us. :P

August 11, 2011 10:14 AM

Yeah, you're pretty much adorable, and the fact that you're funny just makes me wanna be friends with you even more :)
LOVE the first picture :)
Jenn@ Going the Distance

August 11, 2011 10:14 AM

hahaha I have extremely awful bathroom experiences too! i looove your awkward and awesomes!

August 11, 2011 10:14 AM

Lol I didn't know Pregnancy causes constipation!!!

Belly B :)

August 11, 2011 10:15 AM

Love this gorgeous color combo S! I would never think to put chartreuse and turq together...fabulous summer look!

Totally diggin' the head gear as well...such a super chic mommy to be!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

August 11, 2011 10:19 AM

These are just hilarious :) I think it's great that you can look back at the awkward moments that happen and just laugh! And the awesome moments are even better :)

August 11, 2011 10:19 AM

Aww I love your dress! You look so wonderful! Glad to see the awkward and awesome's up again! So funny
Style in the City

August 11, 2011 10:20 AM

Oh man, I have MISSED these. Pregnancy definitely makes for some fun awkwards!
For the record, I got so jealous of my little sister's sticker chart, my mom was forced to give me one too. Which movie sucked, btw?

August 11, 2011 10:20 AM

OH I knew the tots things was coming haha! And walmart people? Always extra fun.

August 11, 2011 10:21 AM

Such a beautiful array of colors in your outfit! You are one beautiful girl. And your synopsis of awkward moments made me laugh so much :)

♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com

August 11, 2011 10:21 AM

"Rachel McAdamsing all over that" haha, hilarious!

August 11, 2011 10:21 AM

oh my gosh, this is soooooooo cute. not only is the outfit GORGEOUS. but the baby bump is super adorable. :)

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 10:22 AM

You look so pretty!!!!!!!!! Love those colors together!

Hayley

August 11, 2011 10:23 AM

I do not know if I have ever seen a more adorable pregnant mommy before! that is saying a lot since two of my own daughters have been pregnant!!!! You are adorable, just saying!

August 11, 2011 10:24 AM

I work in an office with lots of small cubicles, people notice when you laugh at loud like a crazy person. Well, I was that crazy person today - your blog made my day.

August 11, 2011 10:24 AM

Hahahaha hilarious awkwards and awesomes, I am having quite a rough day and reading this just completely made it a whole lot better. Thanks. :) .

www.akindofbeauty.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 10:25 AM

I 2nd complainers winning. My boyfriend complains a lot when we're out, but only when it's justified. We've gotten a lot of free movies, dinners and what not that way.

Amy
August 11, 2011 10:26 AM

you are hilarious! "Rachel McAdamsing all over that" love it!

August 11, 2011 10:27 AM

You are SUCH a riot!! Thanks for making me smile - definitely missed Awkward & Awesome. You have a wonderful wit!

August 11, 2011 10:27 AM

I love that your Hubs congratulates you for BM's! I think you deserve it, I've heard that's the worst!

August 11, 2011 10:29 AM

I am so glad to have your awkward and awesomes back!!!!!!

You should've told that "it's a girl or twins" lady to shut her face, made a big dramatic scene and then start crying and blame it on hormones. It works every time in pregnancy. Trust.

August 11, 2011 10:31 AM

Ha! Creepy people that stare, the guts they have! Next time you should pointedly let that shiny rock on your finger be seen.
And oh my baby bump cuteness

-monicashipp

August 11, 2011 10:32 AM

Sydney, LOVE IT! You always look great tho, just glad to have you in one of our dresses looking great :)

August 11, 2011 10:33 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
August 11, 2011 10:33 AM

You crack me up!! Love the Awkward and Awesomes.

I hope that one day, I'm a cute pregnant lady, like you are. :)

August 11, 2011 10:34 AM

You are such a gorgeous pregnant mommy!!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

August 11, 2011 10:35 AM

Love the outfit! and your awkwards are soo funny this week! i swear the funniest things always seem to happen to you!

xoxo
Petchie
www.itsallofthelittlthings.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 10:37 AM

oh i adore this outfit! and finding canvases for a good deal is the BEST. i can't wait to see your art projects!

- eliesa

{good day, sunshine}
eliesamiraye.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 10:37 AM

You look amazing!

August 11, 2011 10:39 AM

"You betcha buttons I'd be Rachel McAdamsing all over that." -- HAHA! I wish I could do that like every day :)

August 11, 2011 10:41 AM

Why do some people think its perfectly acceptable to go up and touch someone else's belly? Its like being pregnant gives everyone free reign to just touch you. The only part of pregnancy that I hated, well that and the bathroom issues and the pain of skin stretching. I didn't mind if complete strangers asked first.
Adorable. As always.

August 11, 2011 10:41 AM

aww, Sydney you are seriously, SO hilarious. Haha, love that you walked into the wrong house, that made me laugh out loud. And this outfit is just gorgeous, I'm loving those two colours together & your ballet slippers are just the cutest!! xo veronika

August 11, 2011 10:42 AM

Cute and hilarious all at the same time. I'm hoping I can pull off all the cute outfits you where when I'm pregnant.

August 11, 2011 10:43 AM

Sometimes I want to Rachel McAdams a painting adventure... And then I, too, realize I live in the middle of civilization. Someday I want to live in the country--even for just a month--to Rachel McAdams all over the place. But we'll probably have children by then and I'd hate for them to believe we are a nudist colony or something.

August 11, 2011 10:46 AM

Your honesty cracks my up!!

August 11, 2011 10:46 AM

Oh my gosh the whole going to the bathroom thing totally makes me laugh. Sounds like something my husband would say to me :)

August 11, 2011 10:47 AM

Chuckling

DoublClik Photo Blog

August 11, 2011 10:51 AM

Isn't it ridiculous how complete strangers think it's totally okay to just rush up and touch your belly? Ew. I would've smacked her hand away, kudos to you for the restraint :)

August 11, 2011 10:53 AM

you look SO pretty!

August 11, 2011 11:09 AM

First of all, this is one of my fav outfits of yours...not sure why? maybe the colors?

second, you are hilarious. =)

August 11, 2011 11:11 AM

LOL! These are all hilarious! :) You look beautiful as always!

August 11, 2011 11:13 AM

my husband congratulates me after successful potty trips too : )

August 11, 2011 11:13 AM

Love the dress!You should have punched him :P Public bathrooms are always slightly embarrassing in some way.I've had some diarrhea thing this past week so whoohoo to both of us!I think it's finally blowing over too. Very funny post!Sierra
Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

August 11, 2011 11:18 AM

Yay for the return of A&A :)..and what a great come back it is. I literally laughed out loud. In a quiet office.

thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 11:19 AM

You are adorable!! Love the outfit!

August 11, 2011 11:28 AM

Did you know that every spring deer shed their antlers, and if you're up for a hike in a tree grove, tend to one you will find a set just lying by a tree? Might take some patience and time, but i promise you will find them, we got about 10 sets this spring, and i have no idea what to do with them all! I mean, you can only have so many antlers around your house!
Just an FYI :)
PS, your bump is adorable!
Melissa

val
August 11, 2011 11:35 AM

Are you for real? You are the cutest person I've ever seen! Just found your blog and will be trying to copy you from here to eternity! :)

August 11, 2011 11:37 AM

You are absolutely radiant. These colours look great on you xx

August 11, 2011 11:39 AM

SYD!!!

I can't get over this dress!! I saw it and went on a 30 min hunt to ALL (I mean ALL)plus- sized websites to find something REMOTELY similar. After 30 mins I realize there is none so my seamstress WILL be getting a visit from me tomorrow. Gosh, you look so darn cute and comphy. You make me wanna be preggers. Then again mayb it's the babyitis I have had for the last 3 months. ROCK the BUMP baby!!lol

kiss kiss,
Shaniqua

August 11, 2011 11:45 AM

I think this dress is such a beautiful shade on you!!

I've hope that one of these days, I'll bump into you on the Metro, but I promise not to be creeper like that lady touching your belly without permission!

August 11, 2011 11:49 AM

you look great. i loooved maxi dresses during my pregnancy. OH and probiotics helps with the prego constipation majorly. get on them. good for babe too!

August 11, 2011 11:49 AM

Thanks for such a good laugh! Your Akaward & Awesome had me cracking up. You look gorgeous by the way. I was always a not so cute preggo lady but you my friend are adorable. Your dress is AMAZING :)

August 11, 2011 11:52 AM

I really enjoyed reading this! I laughed out loud about Tyson & the birth video! Love the color of your cardigan.

August 11, 2011 11:53 AM

Your awkward and awesome thursday are my therapy! I can on them for laughs

Meg
August 11, 2011 11:55 AM

I cannot read a single Awkward & Awesome post without laughing out loud..love them! Also loving this outfit! It's cute, casual and looks oh so comfy! :)

August 11, 2011 11:57 AM

I LOVE that dress! And such a pretty color! Not to mention you are hilarious. Thanks for brightening my day with your lovely blog!

JenPlusM.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 12:18 PM

I'm convinced I'm going to die somehow involving a public restroom awkward situation.

The color combo in your outfit is so pretty! (I actually just made a pair of earrings in those colors.)

August 11, 2011 12:23 PM

the constipation is likely from all the iron in the prenatal vitamins, I had the same problem when i was expecting.
I counteracted it with tasteless, fiber supplements that you can put in any non-soda type drink or food and dried plums (prunes) they taste like candy and you only need a few a day to keep the tummy ache away!

your brilliant and Beautiful, i am sure people were checking you out all the time before the baby belly, but men are inherently attracted to preggo women because of their primal instincts telling them procreate! (some just stare more than others) lol

August 11, 2011 12:26 PM

You always look so beautifull...

Hi from Chile... :D
Kisses

August 11, 2011 12:28 PM

haha, I love your awkward and awesome Thursday! so funny/cute :)
<3 Shay
www.thefailtehouse.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 12:28 PM

Oh my stars. Best blog post I've read in a while. And I read every. word. HA..... Girl, "rock that bump".

August 11, 2011 12:32 PM

lol! You are too funny!

helloshopaholic.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 12:38 PM

you give us all hope that bumps don't have to mean frumps!! :)

such a doll!

August 11, 2011 12:39 PM

I am totally going to miss these preggo A&A Thursdays.... :)

you'll get a surprise. going to have twins lol

Potty charts are awesome. nuff said. :)

i knew there was a reason that i complain.

haha

August 11, 2011 12:41 PM

I love awkward and awesome Thursdays! :)

Also, that outfit? Divine.

August 11, 2011 12:55 PM

Gosh, you're so funny and cute!!! Great outfit, too :) Love Awkward and Awesome Thursdays!

xx
Berni

August 11, 2011 1:00 PM

Ha, I love the outfit and the post. I feel like I have witnessed all of those awkward pregancy moments in public....I always feel so sorry for the mama-to-be!

August 11, 2011 1:02 PM

I love your sense of humor! And I could see you rocking the Rachel-Adams-artist thing! : )

August 11, 2011 1:05 PM

always love awk&awesome thursdays! always so funny!

alissa b

August 11, 2011 1:09 PM

Hehe.. I find Awkward & Awesome Thursday's very entertaining :)

This outfit is very "Anthropologie". :) I am a fan

~Tammy
www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

Joy
August 11, 2011 1:18 PM

You never cease to have me laughing out loud with these dang A&As :) And I loveloveloveloveloveLOVE your color ensemble today!!!! xoxo Joy

happycandido.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 1:19 PM

I think this was one of my favorite posts so far. Thanks for being so honest!

Ps. I'm a silent-public-restroom hater too! Why do they do that to people?!

August 11, 2011 1:25 PM

Love this dress, and the color you paired it with so cute!

August 11, 2011 1:25 PM

Haha you crack me up! Too funny! And awesome outfit!

Samantha

August 11, 2011 1:25 PM

Haha you crack me up! Too funny! And awesome outfit!

Samantha

August 11, 2011 1:25 PM

love the post, as always! you look amazing- love the outfit. thats so funny about your husband rewarding your efforts in the bathroom!

August 11, 2011 1:29 PM

Just wait until you have the baby and then people come and touch the actual baby (instead of just your belly). That'll really grind your gears :)

You look adorable, and I love your blog!

August 11, 2011 1:33 PM

Yay for baby high fives!

August 11, 2011 1:50 PM

Every color of the rainbow looks amazing on you :)

August 11, 2011 2:03 PM

You should wear a shirt that says "Please don't touch my belly".
Or maybe that would make people want to touch it more?....

August 11, 2011 2:18 PM

I think this is the best awkward and awesome ever.

- I think once you have your boy people won't look at you so crazy. My husband looks his age and I do not... seriously, people used to look at him like he was a cradle robber. Now, they don't. I think a baby makes you look older. I don't know if thats a good thing!

- I would glare at that lady...can't believe she touched you and said the things she did! So rude.

- We took a birthing class. Husbands face was so funny and awful. I walked out the class really, really not wanting to go through labor. Apparently, God was listening because I had to have a c-section BUT the contractions up until that pointed were horrid. You'll do great!

And by the way.... you are so adorable. Seriously, love this outfit. When I get pregnant (again) will you please send me your clothes to borrow? I'll give em back! ;)

August 11, 2011 2:23 PM

Oh my dear. I just discovered you on a tweet form casey wiegand and decided to pop on over instead of making dessert for dinner later. You had me laughing so hard in all your awkward moments. I don't miss pregnancy, that's for sure. Congrats on that little boy, btw. Baby boys are awesome!

www.luxeboulevard.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 2:52 PM

Ahhhhhh the joys of pregnancy :) Dontcha love it?!

August 11, 2011 2:55 PM

these never fail to make my day. the notebook reference was especially day-making.

August 11, 2011 3:12 PM

I always have to pee and I'm not pregnant... what does this mean for me when I am??? :) Love these posts... and love that dress!!! You rock!

August 11, 2011 3:14 PM

THAT DRESS!! That dress is like Heaven! Actually, we will probably wear that dress in heaven. ohhhh dang.

August 11, 2011 3:30 PM

LOVE your blog, your belly (not in a c-r-e-e-p-y way), and your awesome/awkward blogs. I pretty much envy the A&A blog post!

THANK YOU! lol

August 11, 2011 3:32 PM

You are seriously funny! I love reading your blog. I completely understand everything you're saying about pregnancy. I'm due Nov. 2nd with my second baby..a little girl this time!

August 11, 2011 3:54 PM

I just discovered ur blog, and I really enjoyed in ur post :)
you are really beautiful :))
and that tummy of yours is so cute.. :))

I'm following you from now :))

hugs from Sarajevo :))

xoxo
Jenny

August 11, 2011 4:08 PM

you are so adorable. the end!

401
August 11, 2011 4:23 PM

You come up with the cutest outfits and I love that you write about normal, everyday life!

August 11, 2011 4:28 PM

I do NOT know why stranger think its ok to touch you but i had some old woman come up to me and grab my cheeks in the store and tell me i was pretty. Ok thanks.DONT touch my face lady

August 11, 2011 4:48 PM

You look so cute! I adore the color of that dress.

Rae
August 11, 2011 5:32 PM

Ahh! You pretty much make my Thursday's/

xo, rv

August 11, 2011 6:07 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed all of these! I'm recording about how truly awkward and awesome thursdays are as well over on my blog!
kristen
www.summersetsin.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 6:12 PM

LOVE The color of your dress!

check me out at
rachelsayumi.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 6:37 PM

This is hilarious! You totally deserve star stickers.Very glittery and pretty :) hahaa

August 11, 2011 6:53 PM

I have to tell you....you wear very nice clothes for being pregnant, very classy that flatters your figure and your cute baby bump.
There are so many girls that will wear really short extra tight clothing that I honesty think looks horrible, pregnancy is a beautiful thing and all but people need to keep it classy.
& you..keep it classy.

August 11, 2011 8:40 PM

haha your sooo funny from your newest fan :)

August 11, 2011 8:44 PM

Ha, the birth vids! Those are informative, yet terrifying!

August 11, 2011 8:58 PM

This post is hilarious!! Those awkward moments in public restaurants happen to me too :) Also, I am in love with that dress. Especially with the cardigan and belt - too cute!

August 11, 2011 9:34 PM

Hahaha! Hey if the awkward bathroom stall moment happens again, just pretend you were on the phone. Still awkward but less so ;)

August 12, 2011 12:20 AM

hi syd! nice to have the awks and awesomes back=) im kinda new to your blog but out of the 5 that im fans of yours is the one i save for last because its the best! love ya! and that notebook allusion had me cracking up..because thats exactly what i was thinking..well good luck with the move and the baby! xoxoxo, pia

August 12, 2011 12:41 AM

What a good read! You're hilarious! Have a fantastic weekend.

www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

August 12, 2011 1:27 AM

haha thanks for the great read!! Love your awesome and awkward posts! It would be so great to meet you in real life!

August 12, 2011 2:48 AM

on the mark with this outfit. LOVE. IT.

August 12, 2011 6:23 AM

I absolutely loved reading these awkward and awesomes! Laughing out loud while at work! Thank you for sharing!

August 12, 2011 7:42 AM

When my sister was preg (she actually was 18) and everyone would stare and we would get loud about people staring then they'd get embarassed. It was funny!

LOVE your dress BTW!

Did you make it to the Unique thrift store in Falls Church?

xoxo

August 12, 2011 8:19 AM

your last awkward... i totally hear ya on that. i'm 19 weeks and have been announcing my victories to the mr for a bit now. who knew it would become such a big deal right?!?!

August 12, 2011 8:56 AM

You look great and so happy! I see DC is treating you well! Enjoy!

August 12, 2011 9:18 AM

oh! i so love your Awesome/Awkward posts... i really do! they make me smile and laugh sometimes... and i like it because you are so human and you're just you! that what keeps me coming here everyday... because i want my dose of humour, love, and affection :)
thanks again to the three of you

August 12, 2011 10:51 AM

ahaha. pregnant with a little boy right now, too. & my husband says the same.

i can't remember what life was like before every trip revolved around the nearest bathroom…

~mindy
colemansinlove.blogspot.com

August 12, 2011 1:28 PM

I really love the look of this outfit! The colors look great together! I am always looking for maxi dresses and where to find good deals on them. I have found alot of cute ones thrift shopping.

August 12, 2011 1:28 PM

Oh goodness, your Awk/Awe's never cease to totally crack me up!!!

August 12, 2011 2:27 PM

LOVE the outfit! :)

August 12, 2011 3:28 PM

Oh muh goodnes! I am love love loving your adorable belly and your ca-ute outfit! Love the mustard and aqua pairing you have going on girl! Rock it!

August 12, 2011 4:40 PM

You always make me laugh, especially on your awkward and awesome thursday posts! You are definitely one of my favorite blogs to read :)

August 13, 2011 6:53 AM

That colour looks so so great on you! Can't wait to see the result of your art. Haha there is something about baby bumps that makes everyone want to touch xo

Che
August 13, 2011 7:16 AM

this is HILARIOUS!!! im not even pregnant and all i want to do is have a baby so that i can be as awkward as this! :)

August 13, 2011 7:16 AM

Love this part of your post: "You betcha buttons I'd be Rachel McAdamsing all over that." -made me laugh! :-)

August 13, 2011 1:43 PM

Love your outfit, you look fab :).

Sadie x

August 13, 2011 3:15 PM

You are hilarious! You're bathroom experiences sound like they could be an entire book! Especially since you will be visiting it more often with the little babes! All will be worth it though, right?!

A Candid Life

August 13, 2011 9:56 PM

I love that you used Rachel McAdams as a verb. I salute you.

August 13, 2011 10:55 PM

hahaha some of those statements are indeed hilarious! i'm new here and I found your beautiful blog from Bloglovin. congratulations on your pregnancy :)

August 14, 2011 11:33 AM

You look so adorable! I love your dress and all the bright colors. Also, I love these awkward/awesome posts you do! You always make me laugh! :)

August 15, 2011 11:07 AM

Could you look any more adorable?? I love this outfit so much. I'm loving teal blues right now! <3

August 16, 2011 6:18 AM

I'm at work and laughing so hard at your awkward moments. So hilarious! And you look stunning, btw.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

August 26, 2011 12:15 AM

You are definitely so hilarious. Love the down to earth mood you have in each one of your lines :)

the daybook All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger