Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

Thursday, January 20

Shoes: Jessica Simpson, Pants: Target, Belt: Gap, Top: c/o WindsorStore, Earrings: c/o Truly Sarah
 Awkward:
- Getting so distracted by husband's and my awesome conversation last night {that’s my excuse anyway} that I'm pretty sure I dumped the entire contents of our garlic-salt container onto our food. The awkward moment spawned from husband’s face after he took the first bite. And then with us trying to down the stuff with our noses plugged and gag reflexes galore.We would not fare so well on that one show where the contestants have to eat bugs and stuff. We can't even do garlic chicken.
- The giant hairball that collects underneath the armpit of my coat. And my mom picking at that hairball in the middle of Walmart.
- Trying to eat lunch at work and taking a bite at the exact moment someone important walks through the door. Excuse me while I just spit this out in my napkin ...
- Singing in the public restroom. ????????????
-  An incredibly embarrassing moment that is probably way TMI for your sweet little brains. But it has to do with little miss monthly P. And a boy.
I am ashamed ...
- The number of times I had to explain to people that No, I am not missing an earring. It's supposed to be asymmetrical kiddo. PEOPLE these days. Honestly ...
- My newest graphic design assignment. I'm supposed to create a logo out of a belly button, a hunter and punching. Right then.
- People who iron their sheets. College students who iron their sheets.
Yes. I know one now. Blows your mind doesn't it??
- Being greeted at the library today: Well HELLO my good sir.
Hello yourself, you crazy.

Awesome:
- Husband actually requesting cottage cheese and ritz crackers in BED last night. Like the same bed where he hates crumbs and basically any food in general. I am in food-in-bed HEAVEN right now. You don't understand. This is like the apocalypse or something.
- This little set up that was on the kitchen counter when I got home from the grocery store last night. In case you were wondering, that’s our hot chocolate maker. And that sucker was sent straight from heaven. Nectar of the gods I tell you.
 - The Bachelor. And the fact that husband gave an incredulous gasp when I told him I had watched it without him. And it's true. Trashy TV is so much more entertaining with your best friend.
- Grey nail polish!
- Giving into my cravings for a ginormous bowl of macaroni and cheese
- Applying for graduation today!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Link up YOUR awkwards and awesomes here!!
They're my entertainment while I eat breakfast in the morning. So that means you have to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I'm grateful for flats. And the fact that I will NEVER forget to pack them again.

93 Response to Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

January 20, 2011 6:39 PM

haha GREAAATT awesome & awkwards! I could comment for days on these! I'll tell you that it is an AWESOME feeling to apply for graduation. The day is right around the corner Sydney!

<3 kris&kel
www.krisandkel.com

January 20, 2011 6:39 PM

As always your posts make me smile! :) I LOVE your outfit today, looks so easily put together but for me would take hours!

Thanks for your awkwards and awesomes. I'm a new reader and look forward to them now!

January 20, 2011 6:42 PM

Singing in the public restroom is awkward?
...just not until people walk in, right?

January 20, 2011 6:42 PM

Lovely earings!! :)

January 20, 2011 6:43 PM

So, you may have already posted about this and I just missed it...but what are you getting your degree in and why are you moving to DC? And what does your husband do? Just curious.

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

January 20, 2011 6:45 PM

I thought I was commenting too soon, but now I don't feel so awkward (appropriate). I JUST googled that hot chocolate maker after reading your post. It's gonna make my babe's v-day.

p.s. I love Tys's hearts on that note. So presh.

January 20, 2011 6:48 PM

Oh my gosh so funny! I used to wear one dangly earling when I was in college, and I had to stop because people kept asking me i'd lost hte other one... glad i'm not the only one!

January 20, 2011 6:49 PM

i was obsessing over that style of pants this morning.. love it!

January 20, 2011 6:51 PM

I am addicted to hot chocolate from the coco-motion... that stuff is UNREAL. Is there a problem with wanting even when its like 80 degrees outside?

January 20, 2011 6:54 PM

Loved this post.. thanks for making me smile :) And the post-it not from your husband is soo cute! x

January 20, 2011 6:56 PM

Awkward - My (nursing) professor asking to look at my hand. Turns out, she thought I might be anemic. Sadly, I am just extremely pale.

Awesome - Today is my Friday! Let's hear it for 3 day weekends!

Amy
January 20, 2011 6:56 PM

You're really too cute to write "I's" and think it's correct. Love the top. Such an obsession with stripes this year!

January 20, 2011 7:02 PM

i LOOOOOOVE grey nailpolish!! and your hubby is sooo sweet!!!

January 20, 2011 7:03 PM

Awkward: I'm a TA for a neuroanatomy lab, and one of the things they have to memorize is the cranial nerves. There's a pneumonic that makes it super easy to remember, but it's slightly (very) dirty. I start telling my students as the head of my program walks behind me..

Awesome: The tutorial i just found to make normal digital photos look like lomo photos. I'm obsessed already.

Have a great weekend! :)

January 20, 2011 7:04 PM

OMG... your akward and awsome situations are the best, always want some more!

congrats 4 the apply...im almost by that way too.

I´d like you to follow me, Im a new blogger.it´d an honor.

O
January 20, 2011 7:11 PM

Haha I love these awkward/awesome posts! I'm so tempted to get a button! Hmm...

I need to get my hands on a hot chocolate maker! And I salute anyone who can wear heels all day. That's why I always bring flats.

January 20, 2011 7:13 PM

hahahaha i know being a college student and ironing my sheets is awkward, but i love crawling into a freshly washed, freshly ironed bed. hey, my mom says my grandma did it too... it's hereditary. at least that's my excuse!

thank you for your laugh out loud awkwards (i don't think that's a word), and your sweet awesomes! (again, not a word) applying for graduation... i'm jealous!!!

January 20, 2011 7:42 PM

Love this one! And I completely agree about the hot cocoa maker- not only does it warm up said chocolate but KEEPS it warm AND frothy? Heaven. Except its 70-degrees in AZ so we can't use ours anymore. Shoo.

January 20, 2011 7:45 PM

I thought an expressive 'WHOA!' when I saw your photos; and I don't do that very often. SO so beautiful.

I just applied for graduation last week :) sooo excited!

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

January 20, 2011 7:49 PM

aww you guys and your little love notes! fab

I really love those pants!

www.rissyblogs.blogspot.com

January 20, 2011 7:50 PM

Sydney! I have the Cocoa Latte machine too! My best friend works for the company who makes it, and she gives me heavenly appliance gifts. Not a day goes by that I don't make a delicious warm beverage in that thing. I love it.

Lindsay
www.lindsayjeanstyle.blogspot.com

January 20, 2011 7:59 PM

dud I totally had mac n cheese the other day too after not being able to resist... its my fav food!

January 20, 2011 7:59 PM

Loved stripes on stripes, you made it work so well! .. Ty couldn't be sweeter! You're such a lucky girl!

January 20, 2011 8:01 PM

omg, your awkward and awesomes are always the best! i crack up every time i read them!

these earrings are awesome. i love you styled them with a striped outfit. and those shoes are amazing!

cute and little
come join the Color Brigade!

January 20, 2011 8:04 PM

I love this series, I'm going to have to do one myself...

January 20, 2011 8:13 PM

I had a SUPER awkward moment this morning--essentially I was locked out of my apartment and forgot my phone inside, so in the effort to get to my roommate, I started throwing rocks at her window...except it wasn't her window!! It was my neighobor's window (whom I've never met) anyways, I woke him up, he opened the door and it was awkward. Naturally, I thought of you & your blog! ha!

January 20, 2011 8:15 PM

I love awkward/awesomes. Hot chocolate machine?! What! Why didn't anyone tell me these things existed..

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

January 20, 2011 8:16 PM

hilarious as always. i would die if my mom picked at my pit in public. i kinda love awkward situations.

January 20, 2011 8:29 PM

Awkward:

Teaching your brand new class of 7th graders about self-esteem and trying to write "set example" on the board. You talk while writing and somehow mush the words together and write "sex" on the board instead.

January 20, 2011 8:37 PM

My husband is always sad when I watch The Bachelor without him too. I've got him hooked on the dumbest shows, mwahaha. (Is Michelle cray-cray or just acting like it? Seriously, I'm scared for Brad)

And ironing your sheets is weird. In college or not. Sorry.

January 20, 2011 8:51 PM

Love your outfit, its a cute look for work or even usual! and that is too funny that your hubby likes the Bachelor too!

xoxo
Petchie

January 20, 2011 8:55 PM

awkward: running a block and a half to catch a bus while everyone on the bus watches you run wearing a coat and giant scarf and hat that hides your eyes and a bag with six books and you are sweating and panting when you get on the bus, but it's not your fault because you never take the bus but you HAVE to because it's snowing and you stopped at the wrong corner because the bus system makes no sense in your town.

awesome: the fact that i can come home to your awkward and awesome thursday posts, because they always make me laugh. love you friend!

January 20, 2011 8:56 PM

mmm hot chocolate machine? sounds pretty amazing...

January 20, 2011 9:01 PM

That earring is gorgeous! And I love these posts so much! I really look forward to them!

-Charlotte
allesmode2010.blogspot.com

January 20, 2011 9:02 PM

Love this post!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

January 20, 2011 9:15 PM

I wish I had your life...its so interesting haha

January 20, 2011 10:09 PM

I loved this post. Very funny! Plus, I love your outfit for the day!

January 20, 2011 10:22 PM

lovin the earrings! And yay for eating in bed! I would do the same but Im too lazy to carry the food up our steep stairs!

January 20, 2011 10:43 PM

:D

And your pants is el perfecto! :))

January 20, 2011 10:48 PM

would that important person walking in while you were eating President Clark? hahahaha

January 20, 2011 10:48 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
January 20, 2011 11:15 PM

Awkward and awesome thursday is my favorite. Just sayin'

January 20, 2011 11:34 PM

I linked your High School Superlatives post for my Inspiration Thursday post :)
Please let me know if you mind.
Thanks for the inspiration stylish lady

January 20, 2011 11:34 PM

Awkward-When I told people I got my license yesterday (I'm almost 18), most of the responses were "FINALLLY"....nice guys :P

Awesome-I have feather earrings too! And I MADE THEM MYSELF! :D
Well...two of the pairs at least ;)

~Sarai

the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com

January 20, 2011 11:39 PM

Omg hahhaaa that is tooo TMI! =D
funny that they called you "my good sir" at the library.
LOOOVE those pants, and of course your sweater because I love stripes.
Bellesme

January 21, 2011 12:57 AM

I completely understand your appreciation of flats. I just don't fare well in heels.
My Heart Blogged

January 21, 2011 1:25 AM

amazing pants

January 21, 2011 1:48 AM

I love gray nail polish. Love. It.

January 21, 2011 2:47 AM

is it wrong that i want to hear the awkward details of the TMI story? maybe i love awkwardness a little too much.... and gray nail polish is the best (on my fingernails right now!).

January 21, 2011 3:29 AM

Hmm, my awkward, getting into my exam which I do in a room of my own on a computer and being asked "Do you know how to print, there's no printer" and me being all "um, no..." awkward silence as the PhD student attempts to ring the disabled student services and gets no answer.

Awesome: Turning over my exam paper and realising everything I studied came up on the exam. Two essay questions to do, two essay questions answered = Pam is probably going to pass.
I say probably, apparently the lecturer is a harsh marker.

January 21, 2011 7:09 AM

You look fab as always! You take such gorgeous, natural looking pictures!

jiye
pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

January 21, 2011 7:15 AM

FACT! Grey (gray??) nail polish is amazing. I've been re-applying the same color all month. Love it!

January 21, 2011 7:46 AM

Oh my gosh! I get those armpit hairballs too! And its always the worst when I don't realize it until my boyfriend points it out...Awkward! I'm glad someone else has to go through it too!

Also, you are basically the cutest ever and I LOVE your blog.

Keep being amazing. :-)

Taylor

January 21, 2011 7:56 AM

LOVE that tys has to watch the bachelor with you. Chris has to watch with me, he's way into it. and ps..what grey nail polish do you have? i want this one on sephora that is like a grey/tan mix and i'm in love...i'm obsessed with nail polish!

January 21, 2011 7:59 AM

Love this look!! I just purchased a similar shirt from Express...will definitely need to hunt down these jeans!!

January 21, 2011 8:15 AM

these are so hilarious! how do you keep up with them all week? you must have a good memory... i would have to write them down. fun post, sydney!

January 21, 2011 8:15 AM

Those earrings and that top are amazing. I just bought Peacock earrings and I love them!

January 21, 2011 8:20 AM

Hunter + belly button (as Target)+ Punching Hunter = totally normal way to advocate for Animal Rights.. or something.

January 21, 2011 8:27 AM

you are so entertaining. :)

i think we're the same person. i love food in bed. sour patch kids really can leave behind some serious sugar, though. oops.

hot cocoa maker is my bff.

and gray polish. greatest thing ever.

January 21, 2011 8:36 AM

I love the assymetrical earrings.
Not sure I am rave enough to wear them,
but they are too cute.
And hot cocoa?
He would have my heart!

XOXO
www.stephanieandsuch.blogspot.com

January 21, 2011 8:37 AM

I can't tell you how much I look forward to the awesome/awkward posts of yours. SO hilarious!!

Love your confidence in all your pics! xoxo

January 21, 2011 8:38 AM

Fabulous! I love macaroni and cheese, its the bestttttt.

lifelovelame.blogspot.com

January 21, 2011 9:20 AM

I love this post! I am going to start doing this on thursdays! My whole life is a culmination of these two words I swear. ANd you are so right! Trashy tv is never as good by yourself!

L
January 21, 2011 9:21 AM

My awkward of the day: Not knowing if someone was male or female and getting the words jumbled in my head and then calling the person "misstersmiss." Real smooth.

January 21, 2011 9:21 AM

How sweet is your hubs, leaving a note on the hot chocolate maker!

p.s. I didn't know there was such a thing as an hot chocolate maker but you better believe I want one!

January 21, 2011 9:27 AM

Yayy Congratulations on your graduation.

ps:I need to get me one of those hot choco makers.

January 21, 2011 10:02 AM

YES grey nail polish. Wearing some now! Totally on that bandwagon.

These lists are so relatable!
Thanks for sharing each week, I really look forward to them. :)

January 21, 2011 10:44 AM

you should come to zumba on campus with us next week. (t/th) you'll have lots of awkwards to write about... :)

i love this look! i've been interviewing all this week and i've loved dressing up "business dressy." today i have a second interview, i'm 6'0 and i'm totally wearing heels so i'll be taller then the other applicants. so, no flats for me! i guess that's both awkward and awesome...

January 21, 2011 11:05 AM

those pants are so cute! I think I need a pair of those!

sydandpreston.blogspot.com

Love your blog!

January 21, 2011 12:40 PM

GREAT look. So flattering, in every way, and I love your kooky earrings that no one understands. =)

January 21, 2011 12:41 PM

love this! the earrings are super cute and i'm a little too obsessed with stripes at the moment.
also - i leave my husb's notes in an empty mug by the coffee machine in the morning. it's what i do, while he walks the pups :)

www.workyourcloset.com

Lou
January 21, 2011 1:42 PM

I love your blog, you really have a great personal touch to it. I'm a big fan. Also a fan of grey nail polish, it works very well with bright coloured outfits.

January 21, 2011 1:46 PM

I have a friend who irons for fun. Really? How is that fun. And yes, she irons her sheets and probably her socks too. Weird.

Meg
January 21, 2011 2:17 PM

Love these awk & awesome moments!

& your stripes with red lippies!

www.meg-land.blogspot.com
xx

January 21, 2011 2:58 PM

First of all, your hair looks gorgeous in these pics! Second of all, I found myself singing in a public washroom this morning... oops.

PS. Check out my own awkward and awesome post :)

January 21, 2011 4:07 PM

So glad you wore the earrings! You make them look GOOD:) And don't worry I always get that when I wear them too! Ha ha. Fun meeting you the other day!

January 21, 2011 9:34 PM

Your awkward and awesome posts are the best! A logo with a belly button, a hunter and punching? Whaat?? I'm liking the unprocessed look of today's photos. Kind of refreshing....although I do love your processed ones! Looking fabulous as always!

Http://milkteaanpolkadots.blogspot.com

January 21, 2011 9:36 PM

So I laughed outloud at least a couple of times as I read this post. Great list!

January 22, 2011 7:24 PM

You sound like you have such a fabulous husband :) A true prince charming, how sweet.

Ugh, my mom irons her sheets, but who the heck in college irons their sheets???

January 23, 2011 6:54 AM

How could I not have known there was a such thing as a hot chocolate maker in this world!?! Amazing.

Just discovered your blog today via busy bee lauren, and totally loving it!

Che
January 24, 2011 2:38 AM

i LOVE THESE!! :)

Che

i LOVE THESE!! :)

Meg
March 25, 2011 1:36 PM

Love these awk & awesome moments!

& your stripes with red lippies!

www.meg-land.blogspot.com
xx

Awesome-I have feather earrings too! And I MADE THEM MYSELF! :D
Well...two of the pairs at least ;)

~Sarai

the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com

March 25, 2011 1:36 PM

I linked your High School Superlatives post for my Inspiration Thursday post :)
Please let me know if you mind.
Thanks for the inspiration stylish lady

Awkward:

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

March 25, 2011 1:36 PM

Awesome - Today is my Friday! Let's hear it for 3 day weekends!

the daybook All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger